Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries and we’re still growing. The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust.
Who you are:
• You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation and hard work to our team.
• You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
• You enjoy and are energized by administrative work, such as making travel arrangements, scheduling and setting up meetings, working with data and taking on new projects.
• You have a background in Human Resources, through education and/or experience as a Recruiter and have an affinity for recruiting, onboarding and other HR-related work.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
The HR Administrative Coordinator is a member of the Human Resources and Development teams and works with the Chief Operations Officer and Sr. Director of Human Resources to provide administrative support, communications, scheduling and tracking in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, travel and data entry. We are seeking a creative, organized thinker to play a key role in providing administrative and recruiting support, including;
• Administrative support (30%) – provides administrative support for the Chief Operating Officer and Sr. HR Director, including communications, data entry (SalesForce), travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and expense reports.
• Recruiting and onboarding (30%) – posts new positions, manages applicant flow, schedules interviews, coordinates pre-employment and onboarding processes.
• Data – creates, monitors and analyzes data spreadsheets for tracking of employment applications and other HR-related data, creates and maintains organizational charts.
• Risk/Insurance – obtains and tracks certificates of insurance.
• Other – updates and maintains employee handbook, sends HR Communications, contributes to special projects as requested.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
• 1 year administrative experience, with experience in data entry, arranging travel and scheduling appointments strongly preferred.
• 1 year professional experience in Human Resources strongly preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google Docs, Calendar and Sheets.
• Track record of the ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure and to manage time effectively.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and documentation, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Detail and process orientation, critical thinking, resourcefulness and the ability to learn quickly.
• A demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and attention to follow-through.
• Demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People and Work Well, Live Well and Have Fun!
• Experience with SalesForce or other database preferred.
• Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
What we give you:
• Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements.
• Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off and US and Jewish Holidays.
• Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities.
• Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats.
• A fun work environment with awesome co-workers.
• And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community.
This position requires weekday office hours with occasional overtime to complete job requirements, is located in our East Coast Executive Office in Charlotte, NC and reports to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
Email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “HR Administrative Coordinator_firstname_ lastname” in the subject line.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information or sexual orientation.