|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Media buyers and planners are involved in securing digital advertisement space within the online environment to maximise the impact of our clients’ campaigns and deliver results. It is the responsibility of media planners to develop plans that can tactically target an idea or product to as perfect a target consumer group as possible and to familiarise themselves with the brand in the most positive and effective way.
Media planners evolve media strategy, making recommendations on the target group, mediums to be used and identifying key timings, along with pre-campaign research. They need to make the best purchase decision and have an enormous understanding of all social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Bots, AI, etc. They will also need to know what lookalike audiences are, as well as understand other social, political, regional and demographic factors that affect targeting.
The planner is responsible for planning, buying, launching, implementing and optimizing campaigns, monitoring budgets and overseeing platform accounts, tracking KPIs and producing useful reports. Responsibilities also include being involved in keyword selection and audience targeting and adjusting bids to gain better ROI. This campaign planner must be adept at building all types of paid social campaigns including lead gen and conversion campaigns, shopping and carousel campaigns and of course understand and be on top of all-new platform features, trends and opportunities.
The paid social media buyer/planner is also a key resource for each account and is expected to support the team in strategy, education, and paid social thought-leadership. This person must have previous digital media agency experience and know of and have relationships with key publishers, tech houses and buying partners.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Plan, buy, implement, manage, analyse and optimise clients paid social campaigns
- Provide industry best practice and data-driven insights and recommendation
- Use of Facebook, Twitter and additional APIs for day-to-day campaign management
- Campaign reporting and analysis
- Daily management of account budgets and bids (pacing)
- Involvement in recommending ways to improve the efficiency of the team’s operation
- Actively manage paid social campaigns to the clients’ goals – which may vary from engagement, acquisitions, direct response, reach and frequency, etc.
- Communicate with clients on all elements of the campaign, including planning, performance, and project status and client goals.
- Develop and manage the execution of campaign plans
- Maintain high levels of up-to-date knowledge of best practices and strategies in social media and paid social media (betas, ad network updates, innovation opportunities, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of the dynamic digital ecosystem (search, social, native, display) and how channels work together
- Assist in development of media strategy and building paid social media plans (including audience targeting and segmentation, messaging, flighting, budgeting, etc.)
- Thoroughly understand client’s business, goals, and KPIs
- Provide creative guidance to clients, partner agencies and internal teams based goals and media flighting – help clients tell their stories
- Contribute to client education; evangelize the value of paid social media and the best practices.
Experience with setup, management, optimisation, and reporting in one or more of the following ad platforms:
- Google, YouTube, GDN
- RTB, Adform, Verizon
Certification in one or more of the following ad platforms:
- Google Ads (Search, display and video)
- Facebook Ads (Blueprint, free version)
- Google Marketing Platform
- Twitter 101
- Certification in Google Analytics preferred
- Certification in Google Tag Manager advantageous
- Experience with content management tools
Posted on 18 Mar 08:56
Kyla Van Zyl
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Recruit Digital; leading recruitment agency for the Digital, Media, IT & Advertising sectors in South Africa.
Covering both Cape Town and JHB roles, Recruit Digital provides staff for Media firms, Digital Agencies, Corporates, Startups, E-commerce retailers, and all other Internet related businesses.
Recruit Digital fills vacancies within Client Services, Creative & Design, Development & Technology, Sales, Copy-writing, Social Media, SEO, Planning & Strategy, Marketing, Senior Management & Executive positions.
View company profile
Get job alerts for Planner jobs
- Production Planner, Midrand, Worldwide Positions
- Strategic Planner, Johannesburg, Lonehill
- Media Planner Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Houghton, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Paid Social/Digital Planner, Johannesburg, Recruit Digital
- Strategist/Content Planner, Bryanston, Johannesburg
- Digital Media Strategist, Johannesburg, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Senior Accountant, Johannesburg
- Revenue Accountant, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- Assistant Accountant, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Business-to-Consumer Logistics Manager, Boksburg, Core Group
- Accountant, Sandton, Bryanston