When it comes to networking certifications, there are several highly regarded options that recruiters often prefer. These certifications validate a candidate’s knowledge and skills in specific networking technologies and demonstrate their commitment to professional growth. While specific preferences may vary depending on the job role and industry, here are five popular certifications that recruiters frequently value:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): The CCNP certification from Cisco is highly respected and recognized globally. It validates advanced networking skills, including routing, switching, and troubleshooting. According to Cisco, over 1 million professionals have earned CCNP certifications.
- CompTIA Network+: CompTIA Network+ is a vendor-neutral certification that covers foundational networking concepts and practical skills. It is widely recognized and trusted by employers. As of 2022, over 540,000 individuals hold CompTIA Network+ certifications.
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA): The JNCIA certification focuses on Juniper Networks’ technologies and is valuable for professionals working with Juniper networking equipment. It provides a solid foundation in networking essentials. Juniper Networks is a leading player in the networking industry, serving numerous organizations globally.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): While CISSP is primarily a cybersecurity certification, it also covers network security extensively. Many recruiters value this certification as it demonstrates expertise in securing network infrastructure and protecting against threats. As of 2022, there are over 146,000 CISSP-certified professionals worldwide.
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV): VCP-NV certification validates skills in deploying and managing VMware NSX environments, which focus on network virtualization and software-defined networking. VMware is a major player in the virtualization and cloud computing space, making this certification valuable for recruiters seeking network professionals with virtualization expertise.
These certifications provide candidates with a competitive edge and demonstrate their proficiency in specific networking technologies. While statistics and numbers vary over time, the popularity and recognition of these certifications remain high among employers seeking skilled networking professionals.